Volunteering:WBAC is looking for YOU to volunteer!
There are many ways to get involved with Boylston's very own Public Access Television Studio. Maybe you have wanted to try your own show on public access, try editing video, schedule shows for airing, help produce and use in studio camera equipment, or even just submit your own home videos or special group activities.
While we have no official hours of operation as we have no full time staff, qualified members and officers are provided personal access to the studio and equipment. We have a monthly meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:30 PM in our studio in the Town Hall. All are welcome.
Training:WBAC offers training to Boylston residents, employees of the Town of Boylston, or any person who is a member of or affiliated with a Boylston-based 501(c)(3) organization. After completing our training session and signing a policy and guidelines agreement you will be allowed to use the facilities and services including classes, equipment, and access channel time on a non-discriminatory, first-come, first-serve basis. Persons under 18 must have parent/guardian supervision to use the equipment, facilities, or participate in a class.
Producing:To air a program, whether it is one you produced or one you want to sponsor, the following program guidelines must be adhered to:
-The Producer/Sponsor must:
- Be familiar with and are fully responsible for the content of their program material. WBAC does NOT necessarily preview programs.
- Be pre-produced by you, sponsored by you if produced by others, or produced by you with WBAC's studio or portable equipment. WBAC in-house programs take scheduling precedence; showtime can be requested though not guaranteed.
- Be certain that programming does not contain commercial advertising; material which constitutes libel, slander, pornography, obscenity, invasion of privacy or publicity rights; unauthorized use of copyrighted material; or works in violation of FCC regulations, local, state or federal laws.
- Be solely liable for any false, misleading or slanderous statements in the program along with content and compliance with all applicable laws.
- Fill out a Broadcast Request Form and submit Talent Releases for all participants - minors need parent/guardian signature.
- Drop off the labeled program in a standard SVHS, VHS, Mini-DV. MPEG2 or DVD format in the WBAC mailbox at Town Hall, 221 Main St, Boylston Mass. Allow at least 2 weeks for playback unless you have made arrangements with us previously.
WBAC does not guaranty to retain copies of any program shown on the station, including, but not limited to, any Town meeting covered by the organization. Whereas copies of some shows may be retained, copies of most regularly scheduled meetings will be destroyed 30 days after recording.